No, we do not provide tax certificates as gap cover does not form part of your annual Medical Scheme Fees Tax Credit which is used to reduce the normal tax a person pays.

Par 2.2.3 of the SARS Guide on the Determination of Medical Tax Credits (Issue 10) states:

"Certain medical-related arrangements are entered into between taxpayers and entities that

are not regulated by the MS Act. Products offered by long-term or short-term insurers, which

can include, for example, gap cover or hospital insurance, do not qualify for an MTC

because they are not paid to a registered medical scheme. Certain bargaining councils10

establish and operate medical aid funds.11 If these funds are not registered under the

MS Act, the contributions do not qualify for an MTC."