TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Summary of the grace period for Reinstatements
- How we will apply the process:
This article explains the Reinstatement of policies process in instances where a Sirago policy has been terminated and the policy holder requests a reinstatement of a cancelled policy within the specified time frame.
Summary of the grace period for Reinstatements
If the policy owner requests a reinstatement of a cancelled policy, this will only be considered at the Insurer’s discretion and requires a signed health declaration document in support of the request.
Considerations for reinstatement will be limited to a maximum of 90 (ninety) days after the cancelation date of the policy. Any requests that exceed the 90 (ninety) day period are subject to a new application and all relevant terms and conditions will apply.
- Fully completed Health Declaration including confirmation of the debit order banking details;
- Completed Debit Order Authority & Consent (this can be found on the Health Declaration);
- Proof of payment of the arrear premiums
Important: The Health Declaration the Specific Health Questions are fully completed along with the Debit Order Authority & Consent. All reinstatement requests can be sent firstname.lastname@example.org
How we will apply the process:
Upon receipt of the fully completed Health Declaration & Proof of Payment:
- The policy will be reinstated from the 1stof the following month that the policy was terminated;
- Sirago reserves the right to fully impose underwriting on pre-existing conditions, where there has been a change in the policy holder or dependants state of health or in the event that there has been any illness been suffered by the policy holder, or any of their dependants, from the date of the application and the signing of the Health Declaration.
- The policy holder's contact details will be updated, if applicable;
- The debit order banking details and debit order date will be updated in line with the Health Declaration; and
- A system generated policy schedule will be automatically sent to the policy holder and broker
Any requests that exceed the 90 (ninety) day period are subject to a new application and all relevant terms and conditions will apply.